Search This Blog

Welcome! Come On In, Sit Awhile :)

You've Heard About the Smith's LOL
Now You Can Get to Know Them :)
We're A LIVELY, PASSIONATE, LOVING, DORKY, FUNNY FAMILY :) And We Welcome You To Share in Our STORY :)
So come on in and sit awhile :) and live a memory with us :)

Relaxing By The Pond

Relaxing By The Pond
Jacob & JackRyan

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

SITTING IN THE GLAZE OF GOD

Have you ever had a day when everything goes wrong? Of course you have, you're human. Well, I had one of those days today. Money didn't come that was suppose to come. Jack left his coat at church. My friend only could stay a little while. Someone didn't show up that was suppose to, making money matters worse. The kids didn't get their chores done on time. The movies are late. The books are late to the library and I have to leave the house AGAIN for what feels like the millionth time on yet another errand and it's after 9:30 p.m. I'm tired and all I want to do is go to bed. Actually, I have felt that way since around 3 p.m. LOL

However, the only reason I write of these things is to shed light on them so the next time you have a day like mine perhaps it can end as good as mine did. You see, I recognized quickly that I needed to pray and center myself for the day THIS MORNING. It was like an arsonal of problems were coming right for the jugular before I could get a good standing on the day. I prayed through interruptions, computer problems, kids knocking on the door, dogs barking, kittens meowing, my hubby asking me question after question... I PRAYED. I PRAYED. I PRAYED.

I immediately felt better and knew this was a day that I would be praying continually and I was right. All day as each and every seemingly negative thing happened, I prayed. In the still of my heart I knew these things weren't the end of the world, they just happened to be happening all at the same time. I also realized that I am grateful that I have children at all, happy that they have the ability to have great health so they USUALLY can do their chores. I am grateful for their smiles and their laughter and yes, even them knocking at my door for the millionth time. I'm grateful for the fish, the kittens, the dogs. I'm grateful for our new home and new friends who took the time to stop by at all, to say hello :) I'm grateful for the money that will eventually come & a customer that will eventually make it over. I'm grateful... truly I am.

Then I went to church and low and behold the sermon was about praying. God does have a sense of humor doesn't he? We all know he is omni-present right? Well what was so intense about the sermon was that he pressed home with me that when we pray you aren't just in the presence of God you are drawing YOURSELF CLOSE TO HIM... into HIS GLAZE... HIS PRESENCE yes, but in a deeper sense & you will begin to SEE differently, in all areas of your life :) And on days like today, we NEED to pray :)

I PRAY that on your good days and bad that you remember to DRAW CLOSE TO GOD :) I pray that you come into his glaze:)

Here's to Good Days and Bad :) Let us PRAISE:)